In-house Mortgage Agent – Lookout Local Santa Cruz
SITE: Salinas, California
TYPE OF EMPLOYMENT: Fulltime
JOB DESCRIPTION: The in-house Mortgage Manager proactively solicits new residential first and second mortgage loans that meet established loan quality and production targets. This includes spending some free time at a Bay Fed Credit Union branch as a resource and mentor for branch staff who create and recommend home loan products. The Internal Mortgage Lending Manager identifies, develops and maintains a network of business relationships that serves as a recurring source of referrals for new mortgage lending opportunities. They provide exceptional customer service by maintaining a thorough knowledge of lending programs, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements, demonstrating a commitment to professional ethics, complying with all credit union compliance policies, federal and state.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other missions can be entrusted:
1. Primary task is internal sales of Bay Federal mortgage products working with branch and call center staff to build knowledge and support sales of mortgage products.
2. Responsible for closing Bay Federal home loan applications submitted by branch and call center staff.
3. Responsible for achieving individual and departmental home loan production goals supporting the overall goals of the credit union.
4. Uses interpersonal and communication skills to generate referral business, leads and relationships with individuals, existing clients, past clients and real estate professionals.
5. Manages the pipeline to meet specific loan volume production targets, established loan quality and turnaround times.
6. Provide advice and relevant information on the risks and benefits of each home loan program for which the applicant is qualified; effectively explain and communicate the terms of each product; and ensure that all necessary documents are signed by the borrower.
7. Gather all required initial documents based on applicant’s selected loan program and any disclosure requirements.
8. Analyze applicant’s financial, credit and property appraisal to determine feasibility of granting loan, conditional approval or denial of loan application. Clearly communicate the conditional approval and the conditions surrounding the conditional approval.
9. Ensure that all information and documentation is presented at loan underwriting and is contained in the electronic loan file documenting the applicant’s creditworthiness.
10. Corresponds with or interviews applicant or creditors to resolve questions regarding application information.
11. Ensures loan agreements are complete and accurate in accordance with policy and requirements set out in regulations and provides clear and understandable explanations when closing loan and signing documents.
12. Completes home loans by overseeing the collection, verification and preparation of home loan documentation and scheduling and completing mortgage closing.
13. Understands and can effectively apply home loan policies and procedures to all mortgage loan situations. Provides valuable input to loan procedures manuals, including updates, revisions, and creation of new policies and procedures.
14. Analyzes detailed financial and credit data, matching applicant’s needs with appropriate loan program and level of risk.
15. Receives loan applications, quotes rate and points, and performs follow-up activities with enrollment lock.
16. Promote and maintain a positive image of Bay Federal at all times to all staff, members, volunteers, vendors and the community.
To perform this job successfully, a person must be able to perform each essential task satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Training and/or experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or Finance preferred.
• Minimum of two years of mortgage sales experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certification and/or licensing requirements:
• In accordance with the requirements of the SAFE Act, all applicants for employment who will be engaged in Residential Mortgages (as defined by the SAFE Act) must be registered with the Federal Registry System and maintain status in good standing as required. of the SAFE law.
• Valid California driver’s license and insurance with reliable transportation.
• Strong time management skills and the ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, to a variety of audiences.
• Ability to solve a variety of problems and manage complex scenarios using common sense and practical applications.
• Ability to understand the application of Regulations Z and B.
• Demonstrated computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite. Language skills :
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as credit bureau reports and related lending documents, policies and guidelines.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to speak effectively with members and other Caisse Populaire employees.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions provided in written form, including but not limited to loan policy, procedure manuals and loan guidelines.
• Preferred bilingual for our South County sites.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measurement, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
• Ability to calculate rate, ratio and percentage and to draw and interpret bar graphs, as well as analyze data.
• In the performance of his duties, the employee must regularly stand, speak or hear.
• The employee is often forced to walk; Sit; use hands and reach with hands and arms.
• Must have the manual dexterity necessary to skillfully operate a computer keyboard and other standard office equipment, such as a photocopier and telephone.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
• The employee must frequently communicate with others by telephone.
• Corrected vision within the normal range is acceptable.
HOW TO REGISTER:
Please submit an online application here. If you are unable to complete this application due to a disability, contact this employer to request an accommodation or alternative application process.